How can you protect your firm from price rigging in the energy markets?
Allegations of price rigging have threatened the integrity of the energy markets. CMC:Energy complies with energy market regulations including REMIT and MAR. It delivers effective monitoring of fraudulent activities including Layering, Momentum Ignition, Marking the Fix and Price Ramping.
CMC:Energy offers the following functionality:
- Includes Standard Data Integration
- Standard connectivity to trading platforms like Trayport and Endur(OpenLink) for importing order and transaction data
- Standard adapter for importing market data, fixings and news from multiple vendors is available (e.g.Trayport, Refinitiv (formerly the Financial and Risk business of Thomson Reuters), Interactive Data,…)
- Parameter values can be flexibly configured on contract level
- Modern and intuitive management cockpit for graphical visualisation of compliance-relevant risks, patterns and trends across all venues and products
- Watch lists and restricted lists management
- Management of temporary and permanent insider lists
- Monitoring of potential market abuse activities via best practice analysis scenarios across a wide range of asset classes e.g. Gas, Oil, Power
- Modern and intuitive management cockpit for graphical visualisation of compliance-relevant risks, patterns and trends
- Supports reporting to the national regulatory authorities (e.g. Bundesnetzagentur /BaFin in Germany / Ofgem in GB)
- Captures and documents of energy-related ad hoc news from the market including date and precise time specification in seconds
CMC:Energy delivers 21 Standard Surveillance Scenarios to monitor Energy Trading across all exchanges and OTC trading, including:
- Marking the Fix
- Pre-Arranged Trades
- Phantom Orders
Global monitoring and management of market abuse and insider dealing behaviour
Fulfilment of REMIT, ESMA and MAR requirements and response to regulatory changes
Early alerting and deep insights into potential incidents
Fast roll-out and go-live
Out of the box
Get your personal demo of CMC:Energy
Request a demo now to learn more about how CMC:Energy allows you to monitor fraudulent activities effectively while perfectly complying with operational requirements.
b-next’s partnership with Refinitiv, formerly the Financial and Risk business of Thomson Reuters, provides clients with unparalleled data capabilities to support trading surveillance.
Data capabilities include:
- Thomson Reuters Machine Readable news, which delivers deep historical news archives and leading edge news analytics directly into CMC:Suite to seamlessly support surveillance.
- Thomson Reuters Tick History, which offers superior coverage of complete, timely and global microsecond tick data for ongoing surveillance monitoring. Other capabilities include seamless integration of over 400 global cross-asset exchanges.